Our Route!

Our Route!
Charleston, SC to Santa Cruz, CA: May 26 to August 14

Trip Tracker

For an detailed interactive map of our journey, click here.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

UTAH!

A new state! Today we rode 104 miles into Vernal, UT. This was one of my most prodigious centuries, spending only 8 hours on the journey (which included a flat tire and then losing and finding an important bolt) and my partner Justin's computer said our average riding speed was 18.5 mph. Writing this now, I've got that adrenaline high and feel fantastic, as I've been riding around the town scouting out ice cream venues and chatting with locals. Our gang is pumped to be in a new state, especially since our route will bring us straight through Justin's home in Salt Lake City.

Though carving through sandy mountain terrain gave lovely scenery, the most enjoyable sight today was Dinosaur, CO. Why? It made me think of some wonderful donors to my trip, my dear friends Eddie, Julie, and Jonathan. The term friends doesn't quite cut it, as I rough and tumble wrestle with Jonathan much like I would with relatives. And Julie, well her nickname is Mom #2. This family has been wonderfully kind and supportive for all the time I've known them. You all truly are one of my favorite parts of returning home to Chicago. Thanks again.

I could write more, but I want both ice cream and to finish Huxley's Brave New World. Read and ride, it's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to help out? Donate!

A huge part of this trip is raising funds! All proceeds of the trip will be used to fund student driven affordable housing projects across the nation. Here is where you come in: PLEASE support me and Bike & Build by making a tax-deductible contribution. To those of you that did donate, I thank you sincerely.

You could give a penny for every mile I ride this summer ($40). Considering the magnitude of the goal and the importance of our cause, anything you can give will be greatly appreciated. Help me help others!

If you do choose to give, all you have to do is go to http://www.bikeandbuild.org/donate.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call (773-633-3499) or email (kole.jon@gmail.com).