Our Route!

Our Route!
Charleston, SC to Santa Cruz, CA: May 26 to August 14

Trip Tracker

For an detailed interactive map of our journey, click here.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

I Need a Potato

Into Idaho! Finally feeling like myself again, as Dane, Ruben and I concluded our 80 mile ride into Burley averaging better that 20 mph. We arrived to indulge in 55 cent ice cream cones: greatest deal ever. I am pumped to be in yet another state, anxious to learn all that I can about it.

The last state deserves a little love, so please take a gander at my photos here. I think you'll enjoy (there are some sweet Slip and Slide shots).

The last three rides (into Brigham City, Snowville, and Burley) and tomorrow's 82 mile ride where we get to see the famous Shoshone Falls, the Niagara of the West, are devoted to my amazing Rochester supporters. They most definitely deserve this 250 mile span. Let's run through these donors...

The Halls(Robert and Deborah)...Parents of my dear friend Ryan, these fascinating intellectuals continue their history of overwhelming kindness. They hosted me for my entire senior year of high school! No matter how straight arrow I was most of the time, this surely was no easy task. Thank you.
Renee Smith...Longtime friend of my mother, the only wrong with this lady is her love of the Michigan State Spartans. Always warm and friendly to my sisters and I, I thank you and hope you are doing wonderfully.
The Barbatos (Linda and Lauren)...My good friend Lauren, a recent traveling adventurer in her own right, and her welcoming mother always make my return to my childhood home enjoyable. I wish them only the best (and the Red Sox to claim division leadership).
The Nelson Crew (Paul, Beth, Maeve, Ike, and Fiona)...This wild bunch never stops helping me feel like their fourth child. Wrestling the twins, hearing about Maeve's legendary karate skills, or just sitting in their living room, I've been fortunate to have home with them. Thanks for being you.
Wennie, Kevin, Emma, Freddie, and Sasha...Even though Loren and my hope that Eleanor and Freddie will marry to officially bring you all into our family, you've been great friends from the beginning. I hope the whole gang is doing great and appreciate your kind gift.

Oh and I did get an Idaho baked spud. Phew. 4 hours into the state and they load ya up. You should have seen this 6 year old boy go to town on this feast! Smothered it with olives, onions, and butter then dove in. I am trying his technique next time, which likely will be tomorrow's dinner. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to help out? Donate!

A huge part of this trip is raising funds! All proceeds of the trip will be used to fund student driven affordable housing projects across the nation. Here is where you come in: PLEASE support me and Bike & Build by making a tax-deductible contribution. To those of you that did donate, I thank you sincerely.

You could give a penny for every mile I ride this summer ($40). Considering the magnitude of the goal and the importance of our cause, anything you can give will be greatly appreciated. Help me help others!

If you do choose to give, all you have to do is go to http://www.bikeandbuild.org/donate.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call (773-633-3499) or email (kole.jon@gmail.com).